1. When people do not stay to the right of the sidewalk
2. Watching women walk around NY in uncomfortable shoes. If you have a lot of walking to do, wear sneakers or at least flats. You are slow and your shoes are loud.
3. People who walk onto the train and think that they are entitled to a seat. You have be a) pregnant b) 90 years old or c) handicapped for someone to give up their seat. Those are the rules. I don’t make them up.
4. People who walk in a line of three or more and do not move over to let people pass.
I would probably rank walking to and from the train as my least favorite times of day. When Emma and Tim were visiting from London a month ago, I had a chance to look at NY the way a tourist does. We walked slowly and looked at the buildings. We did things like visit Ellis Island and go to the Top of the Rock. It was fun and I was happy to be here afterwards. I guess that feeling didn’t last long but I’m happy that Bill and I are going to Philly this weekend. Thank you Bolt Bus. It’s not too far but the change of scenery is welcome. When we come home, we’ll have to plan a real vacation for later in the year.
In other news, I just received a batch of the new QPB catalogs, complete with my first editor letter!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Pet peeves
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh man Kerry you would really hate living in Japan! Here, no one ever stays to the side, women hike up mountainsides in stilettos, it's practically obligatory for Japanese school girls (and boys)to walk in horizontal lines of 4-5 whilst eye-ing their cell phones, and Japanese business men could care less if you are a pregnant one-legged octogenarian...they will pretend you don't exist as they read the morning paper comfortably seated on the train.
Post a Comment